You don’t need a cabin to have a great Memorial Day weekend! We know you’re busy, so we’ve put together this easy to use list of things to do in Inver Grove Heights and the Twin Cities this coming weekend. These ideas will help you make the most of the long weekend, celebrate the unofficial kick off to summer in Minnesota and honor members of the armed forces who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country on Memorial Day:
5) Make a splash at the The Grove Water Park (Friday 5:30pm -7:30pm , Saturday & Sunday noon- 6:30pm, closed on Memorial Day).
Make a splash at The Grove!
7) Dine out in IGH (it’s a holiday weekend, kick back and relax while someone else cooks and cleans the dishes).
B-52 Burgers and Brew
8) Get wild at Kangaroo Crossing at Minnesota Zoo (check out the link for opening weekend activities).
9) Dig a little deeper into history at the WWI America Exhibit at the Minnesota History Center (Fri, Sat 10-5, Sun 12pm-5 & special Memorial Day hours 10-5).
14) Catch a baseball game as the Saint Paul Saints host the Kansas City T-Bones (Friday at 7:05, Saturday at 7:05, Sunday at 5:05 – Post-game fireworks on 5/28).
15) Get up close and personal with Minnesota’s past at Historic Fort Snelling as it opens for the summer (Fri, Sat 10-5, Sun 12pm-5 & special Memorial Day hours 10-5).
16) Laugh until you cry at Joke Joint Comedy Club (Doug Smith performs Thursday at 7:30pm, Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm & 9:45pm).
17) Ooh and aah at the beautiful summer flower show in Sunken Garden at Como Zoo & Conservatory.
Honor those who have given their lives while serving in the armed forces at Fort Snelling National Cemetery on Memorial Day:
24) Place flags at the Fort Snelling National Cemetery (please visit the website for more information and to register for the event).
25) Observe the Memorial Day Program at Fort Snelling National Cemetery (9:45am wreath presentations, 10am parade and ceremony).