Summer is the season for fairs and festivals and Inver Grove Heights is the perfect place to stay to enjoy as many as possible. This summer is filled with festive fun, so be sure to add these eight events to your calendar.
12. Uptown Art Fair An award-winning fine arts festival held annually the first full weekend of August. Features include artists, live music and performances, family activities, wine and beer gardens, and more.
13. Back to the 50’s More than 11,000 street rods, customs, classics and restored vehicles; 1964 & older, will converge for the 41st annual Back to the 50’s Weekend. Cars will blanket the streets of the State Fairgrounds for this three day event.
14. German Fest This family-friendly celebrates German culture through food, music, dance, art, education, and other activities.
15. Lumberjack Days Stillwater Lumberjack Days is a celebration of the people, history and environs of the birthplace of Minnesota.
16. Minnesota State Fair The Great Minnesota Get-Together, the Minnesota State Fair features 12 days of food on a stick, agricultural exhibits, parades, entertainment, rides, animals and more.
17. Dakota County State Fair Carnival rides, demolition derby, agriculture and livestock displays, and plenty of food!
18. Minnesota Renaissance Festival This annual outdoor event recreates the look and feel of a fictional 16th Century “England-like” fantasy kingdom complete with food, entertainers, and live jousting!
19. Irish Fair Celebrate authentic Irish heritage through food, dance, entertainment and more!