If you’re as ready as we are to kiss 2016 goodbye and show 2017 a warm welcome, here are some ideas for you to bid adieu to the old and ring in the new.
For the early birds:
- Celebrate NYE with the family at Veterans Memorial Community Center from noon to 3:30 p.m. Swim, skate, play bingo, and log roll for only $25 for a family of four or $8 for individual tickets.
- Get wild, in the wild at Dakota County Parks’ New Year’s Eve in the Wild celebration at Lebanon Hills Regional Park. From 5-8 p.m. enjoy candlelight hiking, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, bonfires, live animals, a DJ dance party, storytelling, magic and more at the Lebanon Hills Visitor Center. More than 1,200 luminaries will light more than 2 miles of hiking and snowshoeing trails. Cost is $10 per person and children ages 5 and younger can attend for free.
- Pack your hat and mittens, and layer up for a fun, family-friendly New Year’s Eve Candlelight Walk at Fort Snelling State Park from 4-8 p.m. Hike miles of candlelit trails, warm up at a roaring bonfire, toast marshmallows and more!
For the night owls:
- Dress to impress in your best (or worst) black & white attire and join Mississippi Pub for their New Year’s Eve Black & White Party starting at 8 p.m. Enjoy drink specials, half price pizzas from 10 p.m. to close and a special champagne toast at midnight to ring in 2017!
- Spend NYE with Your Dad’s Band at Jersey’s Bar and Grill from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. The first 50 tickets are on sale for only $5! It will be a night to remember with awesome live music, party favors and a free champagne toast at midnight! Visit their website to secure your tickets.
- Head to B-52 Burgers and Brew from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. for an all-inclusive New Year’s Eve party featuring DJ Danny. Dine, drink and dance into 2017. The $60 all-inclusive tickets include tap beer, bottled beer, rail drinks, call drinks and a free buffet. Or upgrade your NYE with the $90 all-inclusive plus tickets which include any and all drinks except shots and high-end whiskeys and all menu items. Visit their website for tickets.
Need a place to rest your weary head after all your NYE fun? Check out one of Inver Grove Heights’ great hotels!
From all of us at the Inver Grove Heights Convention and Visitors Bureau, we wish you a fun and safe New Year’s Eve and all the best in 2017!